Pride Month

Saturday 4 January 2020

[[0001]] Welcome to the new blog~


Well, here it goes. Welcome to the blog everyone! 

So, as a New Years resolution to myself, I decided that once I had a laptop sorted out, I would attempt to make a new blog as a result of a tumultuous year with my health and type 1 diabetes. If you've stumbled upon it, welcome and enjoy this brief introduction to whatever this "(not so) Ordinary World" of mine is!!

New Years with the fiance.
I guess a little introduction may be needed. 

So, I'm Keita, more commonly floating around the internet and games as QueenofGyarados (or Queenie, take your pick) and I've had type 1 diabetes since I was 3 years old, so make that 27 years mes amigos. I also have diabetic retinopathy as a result of the condition and more recently, I have been diagnosed with peripheral diabetic neuropathy in my right foot. Don't forget the mental health conditions, they're hiding in there as well. It's all fun and games, seriously.

I have cats, got one of those things called a job, have a fiance , saving for a house and honestly, I try to lead the most boring life that I possibly can haha... HOWEVER, boring is not always possible, and with this being me, stress likes to hunt me down and find me. That being said, a little stress doesn't hurt but in my case, it actually has. A lot.

So, why have I made this blog? 

Simple really... I went into hospital in the middle of October 2019, after a massive attack of gastroenteritis. That was already two weeks off work, and upon returning, a trip to A&E was needed due to having dealt with constant pins-and-needle like feelings in my right foot which arose after I took a nap when I was sick. The A&E trip ended up in a ten day hospital stay, in which not only was I eventually diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in my right foot, but also that my kidneys had taken a hammering and suffered an acute injury thanks to the illness with gastroenteritis.
Whilst in hospital, I realised how interesting and weird my life has been on occasion, and that a lot of things that had occurred in my life had led to the neuropathy in my foot... and that diagnosis was somewhat life changing, not so much now, but will be later on in said life. SO why not write about it? It could help others, or could help teach others more about type 1 diabetes, which is something I have always felt very strongly about. I also felt it would give me a place to vent when diabetic burn out happens, or if something major happens that affects my health, or hell, even a really god HBA1c!

So, that's a bit about me, a bit about why I have started this blog... and I hope you will stick around to see what happens with this thing in the future!  

No comments:

Post a Comment