Pride Month

Thursday 12 March 2020

[[0023]] Organising Chaos - Type 1 Rainbow Button Badge Review? I think?

Okay, maybe a half review cos I wasn't planning on buying anything from Organising Chaos until my payday on the 27th March!

So, recently, I was browsing one of the T1D UK groups I am in on facebook, where someone asked about silicon accessories that fit on Fit Bits and watches, and someone mentioned Organising Chaos so I went and took a look, out of curiosity more than anything.

One of the first things I jumped to was pins, because I am an absolute sucker for cute badges for my work lanyard! And I saw this one straight away and just knew I had to get my lil diabetic hands on it for my lanyard for work! I have a few pins on it already, from the Litten I picked up from an amazing artist Teejaylay a couple of years ago... as well as some enamel pins from Pokémon card sets I bought an age ago (should probably get some new ones... been a while since I bought mon cards...). I need to point out that I have a Harry Potter Lanyard with two Slytherin house pins on and then the Star Wars lanyard I got in Disney Land, with my awesome Yoda sketch pin on it. 

But there is one badge that travels across all my lanyards and that is my NHS pride badge, to show that I am an LGBTQ+ ally/supporter (I'm as bi as a sparkly Christmas, fo reals). I also joined some work colleagues a few weeks ago holding a big pride flag alas I cannot remember where the photo was posted afterwards! Either way, as well as being Bi, I believe the badge is to show to everyone that I am approachable ally and supported for those that are LGBTQ+.

Anyway, I love my NHS pride badge, hence why it moves across all my lanyards, so when I saw the "Type 1 Rainbow Button Badge", I knew out of everything, that would have to be the highest on my list to buy from this amazing lady and store! It just sums me up perfectly and I have honestly not related so much to a badge in a life time!!! 

It also made me realise that there honestly is not a lot of cute diabetes stuff out there! And again, made me realise that I shouldn't be ashamed for being chronically ill, but if I am going to show I am okay with me and my health, I need to do it in my own way, and if that is with cute T1D merch, then that's the way I want to do it. Plus... it means I have something bright to look at to remind me I am still here and doing okay, especially when the days at the moment are dark and nothing but bad diabetes health news. All in all, I love the idea of "Decorate your Diabetes" and as its a hidden illness, it feels the right thing to do. Plus, I am a fun and interesting person (I think...) so why have a boring silicon wristband when I can decorate in ways that are appropriate to me!

Now, you may have noticed that I said I was going to buy amazing items from this store on payday... well, someone got there before me! I came back from work today and saw this little envelope on the floor that had been posted, and obvs, I picked it up and looked at it very curiously and realised that it had come from Organising Chaos... but I hadn't made an order yet! 

I ran inside, opened it and the perfect little button badge to sum up me was inside and it instantly went on my lanyard!!! It came with such cute packaging as well, which if you see on the left, I also got a logo sticker which appeals to me on a scientific level as the Organising Chaos logo means "I am greater than my highs and lows" which I know I need to keep reminding myself sometimes, especially as my world keeps changing for the worst and diabetes is threatening to take over everything of my being (I use my phone a lot so I'm gonna pop the sticker in the case for it).  


So, whoever you are, wherever you are... thank you so much ❤️❤️❤️ I have had a lot of bad news this week, and I have been thrown in for a sudden appointment with the renal team at my local hospital tomorrow as well, so coming home to this was exactly what I needed, so thank you so so so so much whoever you are!!! 

So, I probably should write some kind of review? Seen as I didn't order it, but I know I posted about Organising Chaos on the 9th March and it's the 12th now... so it came super quickly? Was packaged amazingly? Badge is amazing quality? AHHHHH I mean all these things ARE true, but I think I am going to wait till end of March when I have bought a few more things in a bulk order and do a proper big blog post from start to finish about ordering from Organising Chaos. Nonetheless, I have spoken a little to the owner of Organising Chaos and she seems so so so so lovely, so I am honestly super stoked for ordering more from her soon and reading her blog too, which you can check out Organising Chaos Blog!!!
So, as far as ratings go, its kind of obvious where I am siding with this one!!! 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Please please please check out Organising Chaos on any of the links below!
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment