Pride Month

Wednesday 11 March 2020

[[0022]] New hair, new me?

Something different! And to be honest, it is a little mental health related as well. 

We all have to sometimes just "do something for you"  whether its some new clothes, or a hair change, going on holiday, buying a new book and so on. We all do it (and if you don't, you should... think about yourselves some more dammit!!!)


I know I just needed a really good change because for the last few months, I didn't and don't really know what is me any more? Like, honestly, my life is mainly just work clothes or sleeping clothes and then if I go anywhere, it might be a merch themed tee and bag with jeans and boots. I noticed that I just don't make an effort anymore let alone even try... I guess as I have started to feel worse over the months, the effort in making myself look and feel awesome kind of went with it. 

Once upon a time, I used to get my hair done every couple of months, because I honestly took a lot of pride in my hair and having it pretty made me feel better about anything and everything and gave me that oomph I needed. But with finishing University, dealing with some of the stuff I was dealing with and ultimately not having the finances, my hair just went meh. I was lucky if I saw the hairdressers once a year. 

I also feel like I don't really have a look for myself, something that works and that I can pull off whether casual or not, and having my own kinda look alongside hair, seemed to be what I needed to help make myself feel a little bit more me. Whatever me is... which I think is a cool lil geeky emo kid trapped in an adults body or some shit. 

It sounds weird like, why have your appearance make you feel happy and some, but it is something that gets to me. Like, I feel like I looked best in my early twenties, I rocked some awesome outfits, amazing hair and make up and I felt like I could rule the world haha! Now, I dress up if going to a gig or a meal out, and tbh neither of those things happen often. 

But I also accept that I have changed since my early twenties and I have grown up in some ways, so my look, whatever it is I am going for, needs to match that and still be cool. And I think I have found something I am happy and comfortable in. Which is basically emo kid aesthetic, with cool alternative hair and as for the clothes, jeans and boots, baggy hoodies, band merch, cool geek stuff, things have to match and be accessorised appropriately with a small, basic amount of make-up... and yeah it might not sound different to how I normally am, but it is different enough for me to pull off and be confident, even talking about it makes me feel a lil more confident. 

And thus, I got my hair restyled and dyed and omg, I feel amazing! It feels so so so good to have alternative hair again! Plus, I love this style so much, cos you can just leave it un-styled for like a shaggy just-woke-up look or proper style it like in the picture above for some visual goodness. Plus the red that was used for my hair is just beautiful and obviously not too bright cos I do have my job to think about too. I also have my cute emo fringe back again which is awesome... plus a ton of layers have been cut into it so it looks so much thicker as well. Ill be going back in a few months as well as the red will eventually be going white blonde/silver, which I am so so excited about!!! But all in all, I am one little happy emo kid again, just perfect for seeing MCR in June! 

And it sounds super silly, but one of my favourite feel good places is going somewhere snazzy to get you hair done... it just... I don't even know, but it makes me feel so happy!

Next on the list is buying some new clothes that fit whilst in London for my birthday... and maybe some more alternative jewellery too. But I'll make do with what I have for now!! At least I can feel more confident when me and the other half live stream now, cos I may be sat there in my pjs, but damn my hair looks awesome!!!

For those of you who want to check out the other amazing hair magics done by the place that did mine, check out my cities awesome and amazing alternative hair stylists over at Barber Black Sheep Lincoln.






No comments:

Post a Comment