Pride Month

Friday 20 March 2020

[[0026]] Day 3 of Self-Isolation

Today... was a weird one. Very weird. You can see the changes slowly happening across the city, the panic buyers still out there lugging heavy bags, an empty hospital waiting room... is Ghost Town coming?

Day 3 (This was more like social distancing day through NO choice of my own, but whatevs)

Good evening and welcome to your third instalment of Queenie's self-isolation diaries. I will point out, today was more of a social distancing day and honestly? I have realised how hard it is to social distance if you are using public transport or going to the hospital. 

Let's try and turn today into a mood sammich!!! 🥪🥪🥪

I see you are all recoiling in shock? Yes, I took a bus, well four buses today. And then hospital too. Alas, let me explain! This is essentially the last day I will NEED to leave the house. Long story short, I have three appts, of which two are today and one would have been tomorrow. SO, the diabetes support nurse appointment ended up being a phone appointment (I also forgot I had it so wouldn't have made it in time) and the appointment at X Ray for the kidney and bladder ultra sound has been cancelled for now, but have to contact them in two weeks if I end up being isolated for twelve. HOWEVER, renal told me to attend the bloods, so conflicted, I did. But I tried to make the best of a bad situation regardless. 

I got to see a work colleague which was wonderful cos there are a few people I am missing at work. And a couple of nurses, one I saw in renal and one I just tend to see in the smoking area, were outside so I got to see and chat with them (the dark humour was STRONG today). And I got to see my fave phlebotomist too (the one best at getting my bloods) so take that as a big win too. SO all in all, my short time out was pleasant. And don't worry, I made sure I used social distancing the whole damn time. 

Now, for a double filling of bad, well bad and gone off filling for the mood sandwich.

So I said in the opening that you can see that things are starting to change, and considering the last time I went out was on Tuesday, a lot has changed since Tuesday. So, for example, less people on the first bus to town so was able to comfortable social distance near the back, and then I got to the bus station and just DAMN SUNSHINE, you could tell there was a change in the atmosphere (luckily, I missed an idiot where some jerk had a go at an elderly person for coughing).

Considering I was stood at stand B... this is pretty empty for the local station. And buses coming from the nearby places and villages all seemed to have at most, four or five people on them, for what I could see. One bus turned up and no-one got on, which is kinda weird to see. I must admit, there were about eleven people behind this photo, queuing for my bus, so I did my best to distance from all of them as we eventually got on, and thankfully, 9 people all say on the left hand side of the bus, so only three of us spaced far out on the right, so can't complain too much. However, I can imagine at rush hour and work start time, the station is a lot fuller, so in a way, I am kind of glad I am not dealing with that, cos social distancing would be a lot harder that way. And tbh, it is going to get MUCH harder.

Caught these signs shown on the right, stuck to the doors before you get on the bus. And long story short, they are reducing their services, which I actually understand as it may encourage people to stay home and not bother going out, perhaps, and I guess help reduce the increase in transmissions that more regular services will cause. BUT, with reduced services, I can imagine that is more people piling onto a singular bus, specially int the morning... and again, I don't know if I want to be on the tail end of that, least of all at rush hour and home time, I can imagine what is left of the services will be rammed.

Anyway, get to the hospital, sanitised my hands like a good NHS worker, and then I saw the haem waiting area and oh my, it was such a change (a change for the better though no less). I'm used to seeing the haem clinic a lot cos I tend to work mainly on notes for haematology clinics, so I speak t the receptionist a lot and so on. Normally, you get a numbered ticket (for routine bloods, like forms from renal or diabetes clinics or from your doctor) and then sit in the main waiting area, people only wait in the seating area outside the double doors if the main area is full. Not today though. We get a ticket then go and sit in the outside area until called, whereas the main waiting area I think was clinics and emergency only?

But yeah, the new place to wait was, different. But clever and I see the logic behind it. So that is how the chairs are now arranged as you wait, so means you can distance quite nicely, so yeah, pretty clever. There were other rules like no kids under 12 and chaperones limited to one person and stuff like that. So kudos to haem, you're doing great!!! The whole waiting area was talking though, mainly about Covid-19 but it was nice to wait and not like, be bored and fall asleep like I normally do. 

Either way, places are definitely following with drastic changes, whether the hospital or the buses and shops and things. Things are changing and it is really really weird. 

So, for another icky sammich filling.

OMFG OW. SO MUCH OW. LIKE WHY AM I EVEN DIABETIC IF THEY CAN'T EVEN GET BLOOD OUT OF ME EASILY? WHY ARE MY VEINS SO CRAPPY? WHY WHEN I PREPARE FOR BLOODS TO BE TAKEN DOES MY VEINS SHRIVEL UP AND SAY LOL NOPE NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKER.

Urgh.

I have this massive problem with blood tests and I don't even know why. Like I am not anxious when I get them done, I kind of find it fascinating if I am perfectly honest (and the colour is pretty haha). 

So I get in, explain to the lady I am a nightmare for bloods, she tries in my arm first, fat nope. Warms up a glove full of water for my hand... says nope. This is pretty much twenty minutes later and thankfully, she finally got taken off for her lunch (bless her, she was over running with me) and the lady that can get my blood came out. Saw her a couple of times when I was on the ward last year and seen her a couple of times since, she actually remembered me, and yes, she got it out. Alas, ouch. So much ouch omg. 

Again, you can tell there is a virus about because you have to keep the cotton wool and plasters on for a couple of hours now, to stop infection. Normally, I heal straight away as crap at bleeding, alas, have to be safe now. I could prob take them off now actually... I kinda forgot XD

AND NOW for the GRAND FINALE!!!

IT IS HERE IT IS HERE TODAY IS THE BIG DAY I HAVE WAITED FOR FOR SO DAMN LONG... ANIMAL CROSSING NEW HORIZONS IS OUT NOWWWWWW OH YES!

As you can see, I am so excited about this, you have no idea (you totally have an idea, I can see it now haha. I think I was gonna wait till my birthday to get it cos dollar is low atm, but the other half came up with a plan for the sheer fact that we all know I am going to go absolutely spare in the house once it is all tidied and I have run out of things to do. Plus, Animal Crossing is such a calm and chill game, you just can't be mad when you play it!!! Absolutely loved New Leaf, so the fact I was able to get this on release day is absolutely mental (alas I am gutted I missed out on the tote, the badges and the free poster the other half gave away cos he is too nice and yes I am still mad about it cos that kid can have a birthday outside and I won't be able to). ANYWAY, we are gonna hopefully stream it later, as I cannot play till the other half is home (the fact he has given me it now is sooooooooo infuriating as it is right next to me and so tempting plus I might need to make space on my switch...) But yes, please go and check us out later tonight and maybe tomorrow, over on our mixer, here and if you are bored now, check out my personal stream over here as I begin the Genesect research story event!! 


Well, that is it for now.

Over and out, mes amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment