Pride Month

Sunday 22 March 2020

[[0028]] Day 5 of Self-Isolation

The rules for type 1's keep changing and it's driving me nuts, seriously. Like type 1[s should be stringent in social distancing and those with cancer, cystic fibrosis and stuff are all getting letters from their GPs and so forth to self-isolate for at least 12 weeks. But I'm a type 1 with CKD which makes it difficult to walk up the stairs without losing breath, so where do I stand in all of this?

Day 5 (or is it social distancing, I don't even fucking know anymore)

SO, still at home. 

Nothing much has changed. 

But we have run out of snacks. And this could be a problem. 

And why may it be a problem? Honestly, because I am an arsehole, and have been an arsehole in the past when I have been stuck at home in the day on my own whilst poorly (obvs not poorly this time but still...) and I think I had some crazy mental stuff smack me in the face, such as crying in my kitchen cos all the food needed cooking and I was having a hypo and could not cook the food cos needed a snacko. Same for drink, I get more and more bummed out the more and more I have to drink water, like we have squash but that won't last me long cos I drink a lot cos my kidneys are pooped. I just know that the less that is in the house for me to snack on or eat quick or tastes nice to drink, the more my mental health tends to waver, which is why I always try to make sure there is stuff in or there is some pennies to grab snacks after work.

The long and short of it is that tomorrow is going to start being very interesting. 

Thankfully, I have Animal Crossing (I spent the day moving my trees around today cos I am sad like that and like my trees to be organised) so that should keep me busy and I think I might start tidying the bedroom so I can start spending the rest of next week washing all the clothes and chucking out some that don't fit me anymore and things. So I think I have like a few days of washing to do, so that should also keep me distracted, in-between tidying and live streaming and stuff,

I am trying to be positive about this, proper trying. But I just know from experience what my mental health can do and I know whilst being positive, deep down I am preparing for the worst with said mental health. In a way, it could be a lot worse, the mirtazapine has been amazing in helping me sleep and that does help my mood a lot, but there is only so much sleep can really do? I've already started napping in the day so that I don't eat what we have left and things, because we have a decent amount in for meals for lunch and dinner... so I don't want to feel like I need to eat cos I am bored, I want to preserve what we have. But then napping can make me feel icky too.

I guess because it is Sunday, I should probably speak about my diabetes. And honestly, it seems to be as okay as it can possible be for me, so that is neither good or bad, although I did have a hypo today and now I only have two sugary drinks left so I am going to have to do whatever I can to make sure I don't have any more hypos. My bloods, other than that hypo, have all seemed to be below 15, so again, not great but not bad either.

Either way, I honesty don't have anything to report today. I still think this is the calm before the storm, it's what the news and government make it seem like anyway. Next week is going to be another interesting one.

All the best my friends, keep washing your hands for 20 seconds with warm water and soap!

Over and out, mes amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment