Pride Month

Friday 27 March 2020

[[0033]] Day 10 of Self-Isolation

Things are changing quicker and quicker each day and I can't keep up. This virus truly does not discriminate.

Day 10 (I am a God, that is all)

Today's title might need some explaining.

I took apart a recliner. It was very heavy and much chonky. But I did it. Magic.

So as you're all aware, I am currently sorting out my house whilst I am off of work to protect myself from further kidney damage due to the big V (no it doesn't cause kidney damage but the effect it would have on my diabetes would result in further kidney damage). Anyway, sorting house. We moved this armchair upstairs last year when we thought we were going to flood (it was so close omg) and it has just been upstairs making our bedroom look smaller ever since.

So, today I got a screwdriver, tipped the bad boy over, managed to click it off its rusted hinges (old chair is oldddd) and then wriggled the back off and chucked it all on the landing to bring downstairs once the office is sorted. So yah, mission accomplished. I am rather satisfied at myself. And the fact my bedroom looks like a bedroom again and there is space for all the washing I am doing.

I did get a phone call from HR today, they thought I had symptoms, they didn't know I was off cos diabetes and underlying health condition that makes it difficult to breathe. I think I sorted that out though, although I think they are gonna try and find me work to do from home which will be interesting considering I am not really qualified to do the stuff beyond my department at work and I can't do my job from home because in involves patient notes... anyway, I decided to ring my doctors, which was actually a pleasant experience. The receptionist was so lovely to talk to, although she couldn't help because they are not dealing with Covid-19, which is fair, but we ended up having a massive conversation about everything, like she had heard Boris Johnson got it but she didn't know about the health minister Matt Hancock and stuff, then we both raged about how not enough people or staff are being tested (which I believe is changing next week) and finally, she said, after I explained my health conditions, that I should be getting a letter because 3 million are being sent out including high risk of severe illness, and if not, gave me the info to make sure I get one and that if I don't feel safe at work because of Covid-19, to remain off until safe, because she would rather we had a healthy NHS worker back and not a dead or severely more sick one (cos it would ruin my kidneys and I would need dialysis or transplant). Either way, I think the receptionist was just happy to talk to someone, and hear my cat meowing insistently down the bloody phone. Stupid cat. She stopped meowing when I got off the phone. 

Honestly, today has been really good and the nice actions I am seeing done for people by others really restores my faith in humanity and lifts my spirits.

First, the #clapforcares and #clapforNHS last night. I didn't think anyone would go outside down my end and I wanted to film it incase anyone did. I took a cigarette outside to smoke whilst I waited and noticed a window on the other side of the road opening and looking out. I didn't think anyone was going to clap, but then I heard it, and omg it made me tear up a bit! I might not be at work at the moment, but I am so glad I work for the NHS... I don't think we will ever see a moment like this again if I am honest, but I am glad that I got to be a part of it. Heck, my other half heard all the clapping as he left work at 8pm too. A proper big moral boost for everyone who is a carer or in the NHS right now. 


Secondly, I got a message from my landlady today... they're halving our rent due to everything going on at the moment. I had messaged last week to say I may be off for a time and funds will be reduced but I never expected this... again, such a massive help and a mood lifter, I am so so so grateful right now.

Thirdly, we don't have a car to go food shopping, but, thanks to some ideas on FB and a long time friend who I've not seen for an age but miss, we now have a plan to get a decent lot of food shopping on Sunday: the other half will go buy it and the friend will bring it back to me waiting at home. And means I get to see a friend for the first time in a week, in person, from a distance. I am so thrilled.

It's amazing, the amount people are willing to help one another at a time like this, whether helping in the community or on the front lines, to working in shops and so on. It's amazing. It is a shame that it has taken a pandemic for this to happen, but maybe this was needed for us all to stop being so cynical and restore all of our faith in humanity. Who knows. Heck, this virus does not discriminate, maybe we should all now stop discriminating too? Just a thought either way.

Nonetheless, it is now less that two weeks till my birthday. I am at a loss at what to do. I'm not sure if I'll be home on my own in the day or if my partner will be home. I know I won't be seeing my friends or family. The trip to London has been cancelled for a week now and the gig is now confirmed cancelled everywhere, just waiting for refunds. Can't go to town to buy stuffs. Not sure if I'll have a cake. But its okay, because I do what us all to kick this virus' lil butt to hell and (not) back.

I'm trying to not be sad about everything cancelling after the half a year I have had with bad news left right and centre. I still want something awesome or amazing to happen to make up for all the bad that has been plaguing me for ages now. But, what can I do? I just have to keep on going. Because there genuinely is not anything I can do at this point, there is nothing anyone can do.

I may treat myself to a nice shop on EMP or merchoid, or buy some Lego to play with. That might cheer me up.

Heck, it's just another day haha!!!



OH YEAH, I've had good blood sugars ALL DAY! FINALLY!!!

Anyway, thats it for now guys.

Over and out, mes amigos.


No comments:

Post a Comment