Pride Month

Monday 30 March 2020

[[0036]] Day 13 of Self-Isolation

It's all good here. 

Day 13 (The cats are taking over, or is it just my crazy creeping out to play?)

SO, today's post is a damn late one, but I have reasons, very productive reasons!!!

Our cats now have a room all to themselves, well... it's "technically" the spare room for when people come to visit but the cats are in the house a lot more than us having guests so, cat room it is. And people are only allowed to sleep over in it if the cats like them: if the cats no likey, no sleepy-over for you. Thankfully, the cats like the friendos we do have over so no problem there with them having to share.

Okay, so it is a work in progress because we need to borrow some tools to finish off some cool cat items and upholstery in there, but it will do for now! I just hope they like it when they realise (I may have hidden some bribery treats up there for them to find as well as their favourite things to sleep on and their toys and whatever else I could find that they like).

So the next photo is what I had to deal with! You may have seen me post it in yesterdays blog post
haha! I lost count of the amount of rubbish bags that came out of there in the end (must be near the double digits, if not over) and then there was the stuff that used to be under the stairs that needed to go back under the stairs and then the furniture. But yeah, several bin bags chucked on the bathroom rubble heat in the back garden and the room is finally cleared, the carpet hoovered within an inch of its life... ahhhh it's so satisfying seeing it all look so tidy at last! Heck, even under the stairs looks a lot tidier and organised now since we thought we were gonna flood last year and moved everything upstairs, it's all now packed and stacked neatly underneath. There are a few bags under there that need to go but that will be saved for another time, because some things elsewhere in family life, seems a bit up in the air. 

ANYWAY, the cat room!!! 

So, in the corner by the window, I have plonked Magnus Bane's cat tower, because she loves being in high places and looking out of windows. I've left the windowsill clear for Pom Pom and at some point I am going to make the curtain only cover half the window cos Pom likes to hide behind curtains when she sits in the window. We also took out the drawers from a chest of drawers and I've made a hidey hole with a blanket to give some cover for those times the meow meows want to hide, and my gold quilt is on the top because Magnus loves sleeping on it; underneath the gold quilt is a box cos princess loves her boxes. I've popped some treats up there for them and a water bowl, as well as there cat scratcher toys and play tube. I even put a nice squishy duvet on the bed for Pom to curl up on cos she likes to sleep on mattresses on the floor (she's been sleeping on the mattress we had on the floor in the office for the last couple of weeks).

At some point, when this whole quarantine shizzle is done with, we are gonna borrow some tools to properly bad out the top and add curtains and shizzle to the unit, as well as build a little ramp up and hang some dangle toys off. Nonetheless, I have dismantled a bed, moved two beds, moved two single mattresses, moved a chest of drawers, moved a book case, chucked loads of crap... I am exhausted now haha. But it was worth it. It feels good to be this active and pro-active again!!! (Okay so the king size mattress defeated me and I needed the others half's help with it but all in all, I have done myself proud!)

 So yeah, the cats now have a room. Bet you can't wait to see what I have to deal with tomorrow... I'd go up and take a picture but I don't even want to look into the music room until tomorrow haha!!! (Don't worry, I will take a picture of the erm, music room before I tidy it tomorrow...)

In other news, diabetes! I have had an absolutely FANTASTIC day with my blood sugars! 6.2 in the morning, 9.6 for lunch and 4.8 just before dinner. I am le shock! I am so so so so happy! It seems, being at home and forcing myself to focus on my bloods and carb counting instead of focusing on my job (which I love focusing on but sometimes it does get in the way of my diabetes management) is helping me loads! I had two crumpets for breakfast with a glass of no added sugar cranberry juice, two biscuits as a snack, then for lunch I had a packet of sunbites, some cucumber, a flatbread with cheese and cucumber, some chicken chunks and a mini roll as a treat. Altogether, that was 45g of carbs! Dinner, I wanted to try actually cook for myself, so I had rustic mash (skin kept on tatos) with some cheese and pepper, a pie and some fresh green beans with gravy... 60g carbs. And I felt so much better for it, I really did. I am going to try my best to keep this up but if I have an off day, which I get often, Ia m not going to beat myself up about it, I'll just start again the next day. Either way, my diabetes has been good for the first time in a while, so it can only continue to get better from here on out. I realise that my life is going to be a little shorter than most peoples, so I want to do my best to try and prolong it as best as I can.

Heck, I have my food planned out for tomorrow already. Greek yoghurt and granola for breakfast with some banana and a glass of cranberry juice, lunch will be same as today without the chicken, and dinner will be a salad with boiled eggs and cheese and maybe a small potato on the side with butter. So a very low carb and salt dinner again, which I hope will come through in my next lot of bloods when they are done in less than three months time.

But that is it for today, I need to relax and chill and get the knots out of my back (maybe beg the other half for a back massage because omg I hurt so much and my legs are covered in bruises from moving furniture. However, I am going to treat myself to a bar of chocolate and med for it appropriately of course, as well as this tasty juice the other half brought home for me which OMG I needed so bad and it tastes absolutely glorious. 


Anyway, I hope everyone is okay and happy! Remember, if you need a friend, I am only a message away! Stay safe everyone!!!

Over and out, mes amigos.




No comments:

Post a Comment