Pride Month

Tuesday 31 March 2020

[[0037]] Day 14 of Self-Isolation

Good day is good. I am feeling good. For once, everything is actually GOOD.

Day 14 (Shiny new pretty things... what shall I treat myself to next?)

Good evening everyone and thank you for tuning in to another blog entry of my Self-Isolation diaries! I do hope they have been riveting and fun to read! So again, thank you for popping by again! We've hit two weeks now, and I am still not sure how much longer this will be for.

As a good friend pointed out to me after yesterday's very accomplished post, I have finally hit 1000 pageviews so again, another big and massive thank you to you all!!! I am doing every thing I can to get my blog out there and viewed and so forth so eventually I can earn using adsense on it, so all your pageviews, follows and so forth, really help me out on my mission!

If you saw yesterdays post, I mentioned that I gutted out the upstairs spare room to turn it into a cat room, that is only spare on the rare occasion we have guests. Well, an update for all my avid cat lovers out there, the room is in use, by none other than who I expected, Pom Pom. She loves a mattress and duvet on the floor, she doesn't care which mattress it is or what duvet (I did give them the best one tbh), I knew she would be all over that mattress and she is! She seems so happy up there, I have hardly seen her today! I just need to try and get Magnus to use it, her and Pom do get on, but Magnus seems to prefer the sofa, or this box in the office that needs to go, but I did get a new box today so she might like that instead, I hope.

So, I am going to speak about my diabetes first, because honestly, I am so proud of myself. I have two bloods at 6.8 and 6.9 today and I am thrilled, and my blood was 5.5 before lunch today as well. I did wake up with very high bloods, but that was my bad due to having a hypo before bed last night and then I did binge ate everything I could find. Basically, I smashed a pack of doritos and a bar of chocolate. 

But, I did a correction dose with my breakfast (which was only 30g of carbs this morning!) and my bloods were 5.5 before lunch, which was fantastic! 

So, what have I eaten today and how much have I medded? Well, breakfast is pictured left, which was banana and granola with greek yoghurt and a teaspoon of honey, so I did 10 units, because I have to do 3 units for the carbs, an extra 2 because its the morning and 5 was for correction. So come lunch, my bloods were 5.5 and I had two flatbreads with cheese and cucumber, a packet of sunbites and a miniroll as a treat, so that was about 65g of carbs, so I did 8 units of insulin. Before dinner my blood was 6.9 so tonight I had salad (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and pepper) with a small baked potato (blasted in the microwave then crisped up in the oven) with cheese and butter as well as hard boiled eggs which I removed the yolks, added some garlic, herbs, paprika and pepper to and boom, stuffed eggs. This meal, can you believe it, is about 40g carbs, but there was so much food, so only 5 units were done.

All in all, I am loving the time I have free to make food at home at the moment and it is helping my diabetes a lot. I do also hope that it helps with my heart hypertension and kidneys but for me to see those effects, I need to continue to keep doing this kind of food, even when I am at work, so not too sure how I will manage that yet. Which reminds me, I need to ask the other half to pick up some plain cashew nuts and plain peanuts, and maybe some basa fillets, need to get my good cholesterol up and the bad down while I am at it. I want to live for as long as possible after all.

In other news, thanks to paying £1.70 for shipping, the parcel I ordered yesterday came today and it was so nice to have a treat. Also, kudos for the post man, for knocking on the door and waiting two metres away to see if I would answer. Nice to see social distancing in practice. Anyway, what did I order?

POKEMON CARDS! Haha, cos I am a big kid and honestly, I haven't bought any for a while so what better time to rectify this than now, especially as I have saved money on bus tickets for work. 

Found out Chaos Cards were still accepting orders so I hoped right on over and made a phat order. Well, kind of fat, I saved some money due to some discount codes and I couldn't get a bunch of just Sword and Shield base set boosters but I managed to order those from another site of which I am sure I will write about when they arrive (hopefully end of the week, but they haven't finished processing the order yet so God know's what is going on there).

So, what did I order for myself?

So, in my order, I got the Toxtricity V Collection Box, which came with an oversized Toxtricity V card and a regular sized version as well as two packs of Sword and Shield base set, a pack of XY Evolutions and Cosmic something or another (which I haven't collected so wasn't too fussed by), as well as two blister packs, with a promo Gossifleur and Wooloo and cute coins to stick up on my office was as well as a folder for the Sword and Shield base set which is so damn pretty. All in all, I am happy with what I got, and I honestly love how pretty the new cards are, some are so damn cute!
So, to the left are all the cards I got from the booster Sword and Shield packs. They gave  me so much joy and kept me busy as I organised them into their new home in their special folder as well as logging them on my online app to make sure I can keep up to date with what I do and do not have when I am out and about mon card shopping. 

I am awaiting 7 more booster packs from Magic Mad House as Chaos didn't have any boosters for sale as out of stock, so I am hoping I get some more good card pulls from them. I did actually get two nice full art cards from these packs which I am thrilled about and I have flicked through the list of cards in the set and there are soooo many pretty ones, I can't wait to see if I get them! 

I actually love how chilled and calm things are when I am sorting out and looking through my Pokemon cards. Like, so ridiculously chilled so I may have to get some more haha! I did actually take a moment to sort out the stray cards we had kicking round and put them into sleeves and their respective binders, but honestly, the boring and methodical case of putting the cards in order, pulling out doubles, slipping them into their appropriately numbered sleeve and then logging it on my app is just way too therapeutic. I even took a moment to look through all the cards I do have, none of the sets are complete, but some of the pages are and some full arts are really pretty, as well as some damn good rares as well, oh my gosh, I was so calm and happy and chilled that over an hour had slipped by and I realised I hadn't done any cleaning today!!! 

I noticed when I was looking on the website that it looks like another Sword and Shield set is up for pre-order and I'm not gonna lie, I am slightly tempted. I have loved the cards I got today so far, some of the artwork is cute as heck and I can't wait to see what the next set could look like. Either way, it was all so much fun and so exciting and I cannot wait till my next parcel arrives!

That being said, I have been looking online for things I could get for my birthday, and I found a couple of Advent Calendars that were Harry Potter for last year, full of jewellery and socks and stuff, and figured I could order one and open a door a day whilst I am in iso? Figured it would be fun, although I am not sure what the other half things.

The birthday is creeping nearer though, and, I am still not sure what to expect. I think, if I can guarantee I can get a Colin the Caterpillar cake (or the white choc one if its there), make sure there is food and drink in I like, make sure the streaming stuff is set up for birthday Animal Crossing and maybe Pokemon and then, I don't really know? I might just blow some money on my self but I have to be sensible which I why, bar what I have had arrive today, I haven't blown any cash and I can't exactly go in to town atm to smash my bank in Primark. Either way, it's over a week away, don't need to worry about it yet, there is always next year after all, or that is what I keep telling myself.

Selfishly though, and I apologise for the doom and gloom, but... I don't know if I can wait a whole year for a bang big celebration the way I wanted to do it, to make up for the last six months of hell I have been through with my health and the fact nothing is getting better with said health. I don't know if I can wait a year for something good to enjoy, have fun with, not give a care in the world about... I just, I just... want something to look forward to that is nearer and not so far away. I do feel like I deserve a break.

Anyway, that is it for today everyone!

Over and out, mes amigos.




No comments:

Post a Comment