Pride Month

Thursday 9 April 2020

[[0046]] Day 23 of Self-Isolation

"Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! There's tears in the frosting... Happy Birthday to me." Don't worry, there were no tears, it's all good here! Just couldn't help the Big Bang ref, thanks other half...

Day 23 (If you hadn't guessed, it's mah removal day)

I have soooo many pictures to post, which means this post will take forever, so bare with me friendos! 

So, it's the day I have written about in several of my blog posts recently, I guess in a sense that I have been dreading it because everything kind of fell apart because of the pandemic that's flying about, but also because I can't celebrate with all my friends and family and so on. In the grand scheme of things, it's actually been a pretty okay day considering all the plans went to poop about a month ago, so I am so grateful for that!!! 

Firstly, bar one load of clothes that needed tumble drying, I've done NO housework today... le shock! It's fine, it's back to business on the office tomorrow, followed by finishing touched to the music room over the weekend because one of my four birthday parcels arrived, ie, the clothes rail! I was kinda hoping for the unicorn bag or shoes but... they should be here on Saturday so that is something to look forward to after all the work I have put in on the house of late! (Plus a couple more refunds should be in by next week so... accidental shopping for myself may occur...)

Anyway, my day!!! 

So, got up early, well, 9.15am is clearly my new early and hoped on the game that is the be all and end all of everything lately, Animal Crossing! And I could have cried omg, I seriously could have cried... my favourite animal Katt, dragged me to her house for a surprise birthday party with all three of my first residents. It was amazing and I posted loads of videos of it on facebook because I am sad and sentimental like that and just OMG I love Katt so much. There was a cake and pinata and presents and just omg Katt is the best animal ever (and not just cos she reminds me of my team leader at work). Also, K.K. Slider came and did a little concert for me at my island plaza which was also awesome, and Katt wrote an amazing message which was the best thing ever and just OMG I love this game so much.


It was also time for day 2 on my stay-at-home mental health advent calendar... and it was an awesome Slytherin pin which is soooooooo going on my work lanyard with my other two awesome Slytherin pins. 


 Obvs, due to the big V, I knew cards and prezzies were gonna be a bit of a no, but the other half got me Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for my switch and it's so bloody adorable, I can't contain myself! It did result in me trying to figure out what Pokemon combination I wanted for a whole hour to start the game and this was after my daily Animal Crossing maintenance... but, I went with Skitty like I did in the old games as well as Charmander, who is now named Benedict (my Charmander build-a-bear is called Benedict Cumberbatch, got a certif to prove it) and I named our rescue team Sherlock, for reasons. Also, the cats got me a card, which is one of my fave things when this happens and seems this time, Pom Pom decided to write it... cos her P's and Y's were backwards and even though I know it's the other half, if Pom could write... that is how she would write. 


She game me special birthday boops too. Such a babe.


Speaking of cat loves, I got family loves too!!! I got a video call from my bro, and I got to see and hear my Dad, my bro and my step-momma, which I didn't realise I needed till it happened!

They sang me happy birthday down the video call which was awesome (and obvs, just as embarrassing as always cos I have that problem were my face and brain don't know what to do or how to act)! And we chatted about our day, made some game plans for the weekend and then playing with filters because... filters are funny. Even dad got in on the filters until they broke my phone and my camera completely froze... which happened last time we had a video call with our friends a couple of weeks ago. I think I might need a phone upgrade!

So I decided today I wanted to bake cookies... normally, I can bake well, I just don't do it often cos I am lazy. But I have had a hankering for a couple of days for raspberry and white chocolate cookies and so today, I made it happen. And I may have doubled the ingredients... and ended up with 43 cookies. But damn to hell and back, they are so good... I need to bake more often. Home made cookies are absolutely amazing and just, ahhhhhh! I will not need snacks for a couple of days now lmao XD 


Look at them bad boys though!!! So tasty and nommy and cos the other half couldn't find white choc chips, we used white choc buttons and they are too die for. Trying to decide what I wanna attempt to make next... maybe flapjacks or blondies, I'll have a think over the weekend and decide cos I still have a house to tidy to keep me occupied whilst I am at home!!!


It ain't a birthday without birthday food though!!! And breakfast began with mini Colin the Caterpillar mini rolls. The other half couldn't get a big Colin the Caterpillar so he got me the mini ones instead and they made for a damn fine breakfast! Alongside a unicorn juice energy drink, of course. Finding a take out for dinner was another task and a half though... a lot of places we like are shut or have a good menu with the nachos missing so Mexican food was off the cards. But, we hopped on to Deliveroo and this place not far from us called "Black Cat" was open, and we thought fuck it, posh burger and chips and it did not disappoint. And proper good value for money as well. We actually got a lot of food for £20 and I totally smashed it, oh, and their burger sauce is damn on point, I'm def a fan.

 There was birthday cake as well! 

A damn, might fine rainbow cake that appeals to my bisexual side greatly! 

I've yet to have a slice cos still full from cookies and dinner but, I know its the real good butter icing I love and look at them amazing rainbow stripes... I cannot wait to eat cake and wreck my diabetes... which, surprisingly, has actually been in range most of today which I was not expecting! Nonetheless, I am going to smash the hell out of this cake when I am less full, because omg it is my favourite butter cream and I could honestly eat a bowl of that kind of cake frosting, not even kidding you. I used to make small bowls of it as a teen when I wanted a sweet treat because I love it so damn much haha!

So, I may not have been able to go anywhere, do anything and what have you, but I have made the most with what I could do. And, there is always next year and the plans me and the besties have come up with to go zoo and shopping in Chester when this is all over. So, things to look forward to, which is keeping me less down about everything. And that is needed I think. We should all try to plan something to look forward to in the future when all this is over... it'll keep you going, I hope.

Anyway, I have some bells to earn and some Pokemon to save, so... thank you for reading and thank you for all the birthday wishes too!!!

Over and out, mes amigos!


No comments:

Post a Comment